selectByVisibleText( ) command is used to select the list option using the specified List Option label from the multi-selection Box field.
In order to use the selectByVisibleText( ) command, we have to create an object for Select class of selenium as shown below:
Select select = new Select(_driver.findElement(By.cssPath("CSS Path of Multi-Select Box field")));
After creating an object for Select Class, you can get the selectByVisibleText( ) predefined method of Select Class by using its object select as shown below:
select.selectByVisibleText("Selection Item 1");
select.selectByVisibleText("Selection Item 3");
Note - Before using the above statements for selecting the more than one List options in the Multi-Selection Box field, first lets deselect all the list options as explained in our previous post # 124 using deselectAll( ) command.
Understand the test description by reading the comments mentioned on the below screenshot:
Lets Implement This:
1. Create a new Java Project say 'WebDriver-Project44' in Eclipse IDE
2. Configure the Project to work with Selenium WebDriver
3. Create a package say 'package44' under the newly created project.
4. Create a Java Class file say 'Class44' under the newly created package as shown below:
1. Write the following code into the newly created Java Class file as shown below and make sure that you resolve all the errors before going to next step:
2. Write the test method 'selectByVisibleTextDemo( )' which uses CSS Path Statement for locating the Multi-Selection Box field as shown below:
3. Save and Run the 'Class44.java' file by selecting the 'JUnit Test' option and ensure that our Automation Test has selected more than one list options from the Multi-select Box field as shown in the below video:
Watch the below video:
Click here to watch the video.
Download this Project:
Click here to download this project and import into Eclipse IDE on your machine.
Please comment below to feedback or ask questions.
Using deselectByVisibleText( ) command to deselect any list option from the Multi Select Box field will be explained in the next post.