Lets write a Sample Program which locates the Button on the web page using CSS Path Statement and clicks it.
First of all lets understand the Test Description by going through the comments mentioned on the below screenshot.
Lets Implement the Test on Eclipse IDE:
1. Create a new Project say 'WebDriver-Project26' in Eclipse IDE
2. Configure the Project to work with Selenium WebDriver
3. Create a package say 'package26' under the newly created project.
4. Create a Java Class file say 'Class26' under the newly created package as shown below:
1. Ensure that you already know how to use the Selenium predefined methods click( ) for clicking a button and getText( ) for retrieving the text from a text element . If not please refer to the posts #29 and #34 before going to the next steps.
2. Write the following code into the newly created Java Class file as shown below and make sure that you resolve all the errors before going to next step
3. Write the test method 'clickLoadTextToThePageButtonAndVerifyTextLoaded()' which uses CSS Path Statements for locating the button as shown below:
4. Save and Run the 'Class26.java' file by selecting the 'JUnit Test' option and ensure that our Automation Test has clicked the 'load text to the page' button and also the text 'I have been loaded with a timeout' is loaded to the Text Area as shown in the below video:
Watch the below video:
Click here to watch the video.
Download this Project:
Click here to download this project and import into Eclipse IDE on your machine.
Please comment below to feedback or ask questions.
Using sendKeys( ) command for entering text into a text box field will be explained in the next post.