Pre-requisite: You have to have a Java Project File that is already exported to your system (How to export the Java Project from Eclipse IDE is explained in our previous post Post#67 Exporting a Java Project
Delete the exported package before importing it -
1. Right click on the exported package 'Third Project' and select 'Delete' option as shown below -
2. Click on 'OK' button on the confirmation dialog -
3.Ensure that the Java project got deleted as shown below -
The above steps will only delete the Java Project from Eclipse IDE, but wont delete the Java Project from y
our computer permanently. In order to import the Exported Java Project, we have to delete the Java Project first from the Eclipse IDE and then we have to delete it from the Workspace. Follow the below steps to delete the Project from the Workspace.
Finding the workspace path where your Java Programs are getting saved on your computer -
1. In Eclipse IDE, select 'File' Menu -> 'Switch Workspace' -> 'Other' option as shown below -
2. Observe that 'Workspace Launcher' dialog is displayed with the existing workspace path as shown below -
3. Cancel the above dialog , Navigate to the displayed path on your computer and observe that the 'Third Project' is displayed as shown below -
4. Delete the Project as shown below -
Now the Project got deleted from Eclipse IDE and your computer permanently. Now you can import your
Project without any errors.
How to import the exported and deleted Java Project into Eclipse IDE will be explained below:
1. Launch Eclipse IDE and select 'Import' option from 'File' Menu
2. Ensure that the 'Import' dialog is displayed, expand the 'General' folder, select 'Existing Projects in Workspace' option and click on 'Next' button
Please comment below to feedback or ask questions.
Declaring 'object' as an instance of a Class will be explained in the next post