As we've learnt in the previous post that verify mechanism will check whether the element is on the post, if it is not available, the test will fail the step and continue executing the remaining steps.
The following steps will show how verify mechanism validates elements:
Example: Check whether the Google Logo is available on the www.Google.com page. (i.e. The test will passes if the Google Logo exists on the Google page else it fails).
1. Launch Selenium IDE from Firefox Browser -> Tools Menu
2. Ensure that the Selenium IDE is launched and also ensure that 'Record' option is enabled by default.
3. Type www.google.com in the Firfox Address bar and press 'Enter' button on the keyboard
4. Ensure that the Google page is displayed in the Firefox Browser
5. In Google Page, right click on the UI element to be validated i.e Google Logo in this example as shown below:
12. If the element is not present (i.e. Google Logo in this example), then the step will fail and displayed in red color as shown below:
13. If in case the test fails as shown in the step 12, all the steps to be executed after the failed step will also get executed
Note: - Verify commands in the right click menu and sub-menu options wont be shown if Selenium IDE is not installed on the Firefox browser
Please comment below to feedback or ask questions.
How to view the source code of the steps recorded using Selenium IDE in our desired language will be explained in the next post.